ANI230: Progress Journal Week 10

Hello everyone, and this is the tenth recording of my progress journal. Just a tad late, but that’s okay. In week ten I recorded 20 and a half hours, pushing me over my minimum requirement of 250 hours for my overall body of work. I’m still going to be recording my time for weeks 11, 12 and 13 though.

Toggl Week 10.PNG

For my specialisation I continued on my Christmas background. And this included on researching how to make custom brushes in Adobe Photoshop. I used this video here to help me, and after that I just drew random shapes do test it.

Here are some of the brushes I made.

The mess of dashes was then used on my Christmas background.

Christmas Landscape - Progress.png

In my body of work I added some random sketches that I did while I was bored.

24623640_789823817870398_1382983993_o.jpg

I also finished the contest image and submitted it.

ProjectUNDERGROUND_After-It-All.png

It was a really cool image to make, I learned more things about shading and lighting, especially on hair. I’m glad I decided to enter the contest.

That is all I have for week 10. Thanks for reading!

~Icetail~

Advertisements

ANI230: Progress Journal Week 2

Hello everyone, I’m back with the 2.0 patch of my progress journal, which was last week. Last week was more interesting than week one, as my understanding of how Toggl worked grew. I had 31 and a half hours recorded for Studio 3. As this is a blog for Studio 3, I shan’t be talking about the time spent on my final project.

Toggl Week 2

In these 31.5 hours I finished off the Author and Source material research that I needed for the World Builder project. It was a lot of just finishing looking over the book, and finding out what themes the book had.

themesandsymbolism

Some of these things, I already knew, but it was fun to discover all the others that I hadn’t noticed before.

I also started and completed my first set of thumbnails for World Builders.

WB_Thumbnails_Rebekah

I talk about my thumbnails for a paragraph in my shot deconstuction, and as I mentioned there, my scene for World Builder is the beginning of chapter 7 in ‘The Horse and His Boy’, which focuses on the point of view of Aravis, the main female protagonist. I was trying to imagine the different ways that the scene could be framed. While I also found out that I can’t draw horses, I also discovered that some angles didn’t encaptulate my vision for this scene. However I do suppose that these are only thumbnails, and have much work to be done on them.

Other than my Shot Deconstructio, I made a rough version of my team’s storyboard.

WB_Storyboard_Pass1.png

There was a general agreement between myself and my teammate that we would both like to add a second, smaller and shorter, scene to the ends of each of our shots if we have time, that gives a little more story and helps everything lead into each other.

That is all I have to share, I truly hope that I have more to share at the end of this week. And I do hope that I remember to record all my time down with Toggl.

Until next time!

~Icetail~