Hey everyone. Here is my 7th transmission of my Progress Journals. I didn’t record the time spent on final project, because it was simply easier that pulling out my calculator each week. Week 7 had 35 hours recorded down.
Usually I’d start this post with World Builder progress, but as it was just compling the video, finding music, exporting video, fixing video and exporting again (rinse and repeat) I have decided not to show any image progress here. The post-mortem for World Builder will be uploaded soon anyway, so you will be able to read that. World Builder is now finished (discounting the coming post-mortem). So from here on out these progress reports will be all about Specialisation Project and my body of work.
I started doing research on my specialisation project in week 7, looking at genicecream’s composition tips image on DeviantArt as a starting point. From this image full of tips I started a rough image beginning with layout.
It’s meant to be a huge rock in a clearing. The kind of rock that children would climb. And for certain it looks far better than having the rock directly in the center.
In my body of work, I added a new image. It is an image for the AU Creation Contest on the Undertale AUs Amino, which is due December 1st. This contest requires me to draw two characters (based off Toby Fox’s Undertale characters, so no original characters) from an alternative universe that I created. So I chose my Project: UNDERGROUND AU, selecting the characters Chara and Frisk for my image. And I added Mettaton with them, because it would have been odd not to, considering my AU.
Only flat colours at the moment, but that’s okay. And the lines on Frisk and Mettaton’s arms haven’t been added yet. This image started off as this rough sketch here:
Wierd eyes. I was planning a background, however, I am currently of the opinion that the image looks better without it.
That’s all I have for week 7. See you all in the next blog post!