In that link above, is a video with royalty free sound effects and the Papyrus battle theme called “Bonetrousle” (belongs to Toby Fox), added to my obstacle course animation. The sound effects were meant to be placeholder sounds, that would be replaced when the audio students whom I had talked to got back to me with the sound effects that I had requested.
Unfortunately, one of the audio students was unable to help me, thankfully he emailed me, telling me that he couldn’t. The other audio student emailed me, telling me that she would have the sounds completed in a week. For reasons that I do not know however, I did not get the sounds. When I sent another email, I received the reply that their week had been pretty full and that the would see what they could do over the weekend.
I did not end up receiving the audio I requested, and find myself at a loss at how to proceed in this blog post, however, I think I should just go with what I stated in my presentation in class yesterday.
From this experience, I learnt a few things.
First, I need to negotiate clear due dates for what I need, and when asked to make assets in future I should ask for clear due dates as well.
Secondly, I need to get onto cross discipline work earlier, so that if something falls through, I still have time to find more cross discipline work to do.
And lastly, I need to come up with a better way of communicating with the students I am working with, for this time round, emails did not seem to work.
I wish I could add more to this blog post, but I’m afraid that since I failed to receive assets then I don’t have anything more to say. This is unfortunate, and I hope that I can do better next trimester.